Kombucha Vinegar Recipes

Discussion in 'Kombucha Flavor Recipes' started by Komi, May 5, 2017.

1. Komi

Komi New Member

I think this is called 'when you are given lemons...make lemonade'.
    What are some recipes for vinegar now that I have left my kombucha 2nd fermentation sitting for a few months (waiting for me to decide what flavoring to put in :oops:)?

Alternatively, what if I just add some sugar and flavorings? Will it become drinkable kambucha again?
    It's only soso vinegary.

2. Misschief

Misschief Member

You could use it in salad dressings, use it for cleaning (seriously!). What are some vinegar flavourings? Chive blossoms, tarragon, lemon...... just a few ideas.

Or hang on to it and use it as starter for a fresh batch. I do that with the kombucha in my scoby hotel. Whenever I make a batch, I take the starter out of the hotel and add the same amount of fresh, sweet tea back in.

3. Komi

Komi New Member

I'm going to be logical here.
    Essentially my 2nd stage jar without flavors was like a second 1st stage (or a hotel) where it was just sitting creating more SCOBYs for a few months. That means I really can just add flavorings now and pretend this is my 2nd fermentation. Right? If I keep the current vinegary kombucha, I just need to add more sweet tea for this pretend 2nd fermentation?

4. Misschief

Misschief Member

Yes

Technically, yes. However, I think that if it's been going that long and getting all vinegary, it isn't going to taste all that good for drinking. I would use it for starter, not for drinking. Start a couple of new batches with your new baby scobies and your over fermented batch.