- Milk kefir grains
- 1 cup of milkwhole
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extractpure
If you want to add a different taste to your milk kefir, here is a great recipe to try. Its simple and delicious, not to mention all the many benefits it provides. Not everyone knows about the delicious flavor of milk kefir and how beneficial it is to a healthy digestive system and now you can take a regular glass of milk kefir and turn it into a unique blend that will have your taste buds craving more.
If you haven’t tried it before, now is the time. Milk kefir is a great alternative to over-the-counter probiotic drinks that may or may not have added ingredients that you are not aware of. With milk kefir, you get a smooth textured drink that is slightly thickened, somewhat like butter milk is. The taste is on the tangy side, almost like plain yogurt taste like. In order to make milk kefir, you will need milk kefir grains. These grains will need to be purchased from someone with a good reputation because it has live cultures within.
Once you finish your first cup of milk kefir, have another cup of regular milk ready and when you strain the milk kefir grains from your first batch, place the grains inside the second glass. Place a coffee filter on the top, secure it with a rubber band, and proceed to the next steps listed below. As long as you take good care of your milk kefir grains, they will last you.
According to www.organicfacts.net vanilla has at least ten top benefits for consuming vanilla. We should do everything we can to keep our hearts healthy. Consuming vanilla is one way to do that and here’s how it works:
- Heart Health – Vanilla works to decrease the cholesterol levels and if the cholesterol levels are manageable, there is a decreased chance of developing inflammation of the arteries, developing blood clots, and developing atherosclerosis.
- Antioxidants – Vanilla has antioxidants which can help to breakdown cells and tissues. Vanilla also stimulates the body’s natural ability to regrow new cells.
- Free Radicals – Antioxidants found in vanilla can eliminate free radicals and reduce the negative effects they cause, including cancer.
- Inflammation reducer – If you suffer from inflammation of the liver, or if you suffer from gout, arthritis, or other conditions that sometimes trigger inflammation, vanilla may provide some relief when consumed.
- Hair strengthener – When your hair becomes brittle or ends start to split, try adding vanilla extract to your shampoo.
- Acne – If you are one of the many people who suffer from acne, vanilla can be an important ingredient in your skin care regime. Vanilla helps to prevent bacteria from backing up in the pores and it speeds up healing as well as decreases scarring.
- Anxiety – Aromatherapy has been proven to be beneficial. The scent of vanilla can provide a calming feeling if you are feeling anxious.
- Weight Loss – Because vanilla has properties that help to lower your cholesterol levels, it can also help to stimulate the metabolism which can help it to function more efficiently.
- Healthy Digestion – Vanilla can assist in a smoother digestion. Vanilla soothes the stomach reducing vomiting, nausea, stomach cramping, and more.
So if you are ready to get the most out of vanilla, here is the best recipe to follow.
Add milk and kefir grains to milk
Secure something on top
Place in a dark area
Place the jar in a dark area on the counter for at least 24 hours.
Note: You will know that it's done when the milk is thickened like buttermilk and it has a tangy taste to it somewhat like yogurt.
Separate the Milk Kefir Grains from the milk
Add the vanilla
Refrigerate until ready to enjoy